Use the Message Log to manage mail. The Message Log page displays all email messages that come through the Lineal Email Security Service to your account. You can filter messages by All, Allowed, UI Delivered, Not Allowed, Blocked, Deferred, or Quarantined using the drop-down menu. Note that messages are deleted after 30 days.
Messages are blocked due to the following:
- Spam and virus policies set by your administrator for the domain; and
- Email address or domain block policies, as well as email from other users, set by your administrator for the domain.
Messages are deferred for various reasons. Click the Help icon on the Message Log page for more information as well as details on searching for and filtering messages.
From the Message Log page, select one or more messages, and then click on an action. To select all messages, select the check box at the top of the Message List.
Depending on the message filter, once you select one or more messages, you can take the following actions:
- Allow List – Senders of selected messages are added to the allow list; note that you cannot add blocked messages to the allow list.
- Recategorise – When one or more categorised emails are selected, allows you to change the category. For example, if the message is categorised as Corporate but you believe it should be categorised as Marketing Materials, you can change the category via the Recategorise drop-down. This action submits this email message for recategorisation to your selected category. If you select Other and enter a custom category, the category updates for that particular email message. For more information, see Email Categorisation below.
- Export – Selected messages are exported to a CSV file. When prompted, enter a file name and select whether to save to your local desktop or network.
- Deliver – The service attempts to deliver the selected messages to your mailbox; note that you cannot deliver messages blocked for Advanced Threat Protection (ATP). If a message is successfully delivered, the Delivery Status changes to Delivered. The mail remains in the log until you select the message and click Delete. If the mail cannot be delivered, a notice displays in your browser window and the Delivery Status does not change. If delivered messages are not delivered to the recipient's mailbox, it may be due to a filter on the mail server or a service on your network catching the mail as spam. Check with your system administrator for more information. Additionally, check your local trash/spam folder for the mail.
If the Reason for a message in your Message Log displays as Email Categorisation, the email from this sender is categorised as not necessarily spam, but something that you may have subscribed to at one time but no longer want to receive. For example, newsletters and memberships, or marketing information. Email Categorisation assigns some of these emails to specific categories, which the administrator can decide to allow, block, or quarantine. Supported categories display in the Message Log Reason field as:
- Email Categorisation (corporate) – Emails sent by a user at an authenticated organisation from an MS Exchange Server that involves general corporate communications. Does not include marketing newsletters.
- Email Categorisation (transactional) – Emails related to order confirmations, bills, invoices, bank statements, delivery/shipping notices, and service-related surveys.
- Email Categorisation (marketing) – Promotional emails from companies such as Constant Contact.
- Email Categorisation (mailing lists) – Emails from mailing lists, newsgroups, and other subscription-based services such as Google and Yahoo! Groups.
- Email Categorisation (social media) – Notifications and other emails from social media sites such as Facebook and LinkedIn.
To view the message source, headers, and available options, double-click the message; the message content displays. You can take the following actions:
- Click Source to view all headers
- Click Allow List to allow the sender
- Click Block and select whether to block the message Domain or Email
- Click Download to download the message to your local system or network
- Click Deliver to deliver the message to your regular mailbox
- Click Delete to remove the message (This option is available for quarantined messages only)
- Click Report as Incorrectly Blocked for a message that should have been delivered to your regular mailbox. This includes messages that are not spam. (This option is available for quarantined and blocked messages only)
- Click Report as Incorrectly Delivered for a message that should have been blocked. This includes spam messages.